- An opulent, bulletproof Ford Excursion limo owned by King Abdullah II of Jordan has hit the market.
- The limo originally cost $620,000, the selling dealer said, but it’s available now for a fraction of that cost — just $84,000.
- It was upfitted by Becker Automotive Design, which stretched the SUV and added in swanky features like massaging seats, built-in phones, security cameras, and a mini fridge.
- A nearly $200,000 armoring package includes bulletproof windows and body panels, electrified door handles, and an air-filtration system that protects against nuclear and chemical attacks.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you’re in the market for a vehicle that’s built like a tank, has an interior fit for royalty, and costs about the same as a Toyota Land Cruiser, today may be your lucky day.
A swanky, custom-built, armored Ford Excursion limo has hit the market for just $84,000 through dealer Prestige Auto Credit. What’s more, it cost more than $600,000 and was owned by the King Abdullah II of Jordan, according to the selling dealer.
The SUV’s royal provenance helps to explain its nearly $200,000 in armoring upgrades, which include ballistic glass, electrified door handles, and an air-filtration system that protects against chemical, biological, or nuclear attack.
As one might expect from a vehicle owned by a monarch, the Excursion’s interior isn’t too shabby either, having been stretched and packed full of luxury upgrades.
Sneak a peek of the surprisingly cheap royal ride, first spotted by The Drive, below.