Oct. 6 — To the Editor:
A brief note to those considering voting for Donald Trump.
Recall your Civics and US History to remind yourself why our Founding Fathers created our government, with three different but equal branches. It was a specific plan to make sure America would never be ruled by a monarch or dictator. Think how far America has slid toward either of those undesirable forms of government in the past four years.
My desire to continue the evolution of America “toward a more perfect union” compels me to confront those considering abandoning your historically fair-minded and reasonable New Hampshire Republican values of honesty, integrity, limited government, and fiscal restraint to ask if you REALLY understand what the impact of another four years of a Trump Presidency would do to America?
– Would you buy a used car from Donald Trump?
– Do you feel Trump has managed the coronavirus pandemic well, showing concern for preventing its spread?
– Do you really believe the best way to deal with protests in our streets is to “dominate” US citizens with federal troopers?
– Do you think it productive to our world standing to criticize allies and defend our adversaries? To separate children from parents at our border?
– Do you really think Trump cares about workers and improving their lives? Do you think Trump’s trade wars have improved the lives of Americans and created more jobs?
– Do you really think a Republican health plan, after Obamacare is repealed, would provide more affordable protection to all?
– Have you looked at the rise of debt and deficit under Trump?
Please think really hard about these !
Your freedom and life in a democratic society…and mine…are at stake in this election.
Herb Moyer, Exeter