DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Oct 12, 2020–
The “Green Petroleum Coke and Calcined Petroleum Coke Market – Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020-2025)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The green petroleum coke and calcined petroleum coke market is expected to register a CAGR of around 6% during the forecast period. Petroleum coke is a byproduct of oil refineries, and the quality of coke (sulphur content in petroleum coke).
Around 75% of petcoke produced globally is used as fuel, while the rest is usually either calcined for usage in the aluminum industry or treated for use as metallurgical coke in steel making.
Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, with robust demand from various applications, such as fuel, aluminum, iron and steel, and silicon metal, among others.
- Aluminium Bahrain (Alba)
- BP America, Inc.
- CNOOC Limited
- ELSID S.A.
- Phillips 66 Company
- Rain Carbon Inc.
- Rio Tinto
- Oxbow Corporation
- Zhenjiang Coking And Gas Group Co., Ltd.
Key Market Trends
Aluminum Segment to Drive the Market Growth
- The global demand for primary aluminum is being fuelled by increasing focus toward lightweight construction in the automotive industry coupled with the booming aerospace industry.
- The increasing pressure to utilize lightweight materials, in order to protect the environment is expected to drive the growth of aluminum in the automotive sector.
- In the light of megatrends, such as electro mobility and additive manufacturing, new applications involving aluminum materials are increasingly used at a higher pace.
- Although aluminum is facing strong competition from other materials, such as plastic composites, its growth areas are expected to remain larger in comparison to its substitute areas.
- The increasing focus towards energy-saving cars and aluminum’s excellent reusability, which allows the energy invested in its production to be entirely reclaimed, is expected to increase aluminum consumption in the coming years.
China to Dominate the Asia-Pacific Market
- Globally, China and India are one of the major consumers of petroleum coke. Historically, China has produced around 25 million metric tons of pet-coke annually, half of which is anode-grade. Chinese smelters used around 4.0-4.5 Mt of higher-sulfur coke as fuel until 2016.
- However, due to strict environmental norms, the consumption of fuel-grade coke decreased reasonably. The country adapted to the recognized industry standard of three percent sulfur as the cut-off point. The country is finding it more challenging to source CPC, due to low supply and high demand for low-sulfur coke from Chinese smelters.
- Further, the Chinese government’s decision to expand its tariff program in retaliation with the United States includes a new 25% tariff on thermal and metallurgical coal, as well as fuel-grade and calcined petroleum coke (CPC).
- China continues to be the primary driver of growth in the aluminum industry, and e-mobility is a major factor.
- China is the global leader in the electric car market. The Chinese government is providing strong financial and non-financial incentives to boost the electric cars sales.
- New applications are coming up, such as pedestrian bridges, aluminum formwork and aluminum furniture, which is also likely to be an additional source of aluminum consumption growth, which in turn will aid in driving the petroleum coke market through the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Fuel Grade
5.1.2 Calcined Coke
5.2.1 Green Petroleum Coke
18.104.22.168 Iron and steel
22.214.171.124 Silicon Metal
126.96.36.199 Others (Bricks, Glass, Carbon Products, etc)
5.2.2 Calcined Petroleum Coke
188.8.131.52 Titanium dioxide
184.108.40.206 Re-carburizing Market
220.127.116.11 Others (Needle Coke, Carbon Products, etc)
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 ASEAN Countries
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/w066fc
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201012005598/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: CHEMICALS/PLASTICS MANUFACTURING STEEL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2020.
PUB: 10/12/2020 11:08 AM/DISC: 10/12/2020 11:08 AM